Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or Vehicle Mechanic to join our Workshop in Hobart, Tasmania.
You will be responsible for maintaining our fleet, including but not limited to Pavers, Profilers, Skid Steers, Rollers and Construction Equipment. You will also be required to work off-site on an as-need basis so some travel may be required, a tool of trade will be provided.
- Current HR License (preferred but not essential)
- Trade Qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or Diesel Fitter (Certificate 3 in Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Plant Equipment)
- Welding and Fabrication skills will be highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with mobile equipment and trucks
- Experience gained within the roads/asphalt industry (desirable)
- Ability to work autonomously in remote areas
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
For more information contact: Yvette Michael, Talent and Sourcing Business Partner, Transport and Infrastructure- 0438 213 759.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
Closing Date: Tasmania Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: