Seed Production Farmer
Bejo Tasmania is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bejo Zaden BV, a worldwide developer and producer of quality vegetable seed varieties. Headquartered in Warmenhuizen, Holland, Bejo Zaden is recognised for its innovative breeding, reliable varieties and high quality seed.
Randstad are excited to be partnering with Bejo to assist in recruiting a Seed Production Farmer to assist with their Richmond farm.
Your new role
With sites based in Richmond, Cressy and the Derwent Valley, this role will provide experienced seed production farmers the opportunity to work with Bejo Tasmania’s experienced and passionate teams in all aspect of their operations. Based in the Richmond farm you will work a 40-hour week, with occasional weekend work required during season peaks.
Day to day duties for this role is varied and will include:
- Supporting the production of seed crops to meet the company’s forecast
- Work within the seed production operation, where you will help with the cleaning of the seeds, as well as be responsible for a number of allocated crops
- Operating a variety of machinery that will include Combine Harvesters of Windrower Machines
- Crop site preparation and management, including crop sowing, spraying, harvesting and other duties as required to support the farm to achieve it’s objectives
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have previous farm experience
- Hold strong attention to detail skills to ensure all machinery is kept clean
- Be able to work flexible hours, in varying conditions, including outdoors
- Have experience in operating either a Combine Harvester of Windrower Machines to assist with your duties throughout the farm
In return Bejo Tasmania offer:
- Base salary dependent on your level of experience and qualifications which will be discussed during the screening stage of these positions.
- Access to company RDO system (6 per year)
- Opportunity to join an innovative and growing international agricultural leader.
If you believe you have the skills and attitude required, please apply now. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Nathan Marston on 0431 375 136.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: