Territory Manager, Laboratory Consumables And Instrumentation
Evolve Scientific Recruitment
Friendly Beaches, TAS
- Extensive range of products from leading brands and manufacturers worldwide
- Provide excellent senior level account management to key customers
- Bring your outgoing and "self-starter" personality to this great sales position
About the Company:
Evolve Scientific Recruitment have been acquired to exclusively recruit across Australia and New Zealand for a number of key sales and product manager positions within this long standing, Australian owned laboratory consumables and instrumentation sales and service business. Our client provides a high standard of service and technical expertise across a number of industries including environmental, food manufacturing and chemical manufacturing.
Our client prides themselves on unrivalled customer service whilst delivering solutions to customers that add value to a process.
The company head office is based on the North Shore of Sydney with offices dotted throughout Australia.
Please note that there are also positions available in New Zealand, Victoria and Queensland.
About the Role:
Our Sydney team are recruiting for a number of Territory Managers across NSW and New Zealand (North and South Island).
You will report to the Business Sales Leader and this role will enable you to liaise with scientific industry professionals of all levels.
Previous sales experience is required and you must have a high level of interpersonal and oral communication skills.
This position would be well suited to an experienced sales/account management/customer service professional with the ability to sell a scientific/technical/engineering focused product range - a proven track record in sales ideally in the area of laboratory supplies/equipment/instrumentation would be highly regarded for this role however other industries will be considered.
Our client keeps laboratories supplied with the necessary scientific items required for testing within their lab across the areas of microbiology, chemistry, clinical diagnosis, life sciences and heavy industry/petroleum industry testing - key accounts include contract testing labs -government and commercial, leading universities, industrial chemical companies, food manufacturers and large mining companies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve sales target in allocated territory whilst offering consistent, innovative and a high standard of quality key account management and customer service
- Conducting a set number of on-site sales visits weekly and working with the Product Managers to promote key products
- Attend seminars and trade events to promote the product portfolio including product demonstrations
- Telemarketing to build lead and opportunity pipelines
- Extensive research and networking to discover new markets within the industry
- Building new relationships with high value industry contacts
- Effective delivery and follow-up of targeted sales and marketing action plans
- Assisting in troubleshooting hardware and software issues from an applications perspective
- Accurately record all data and complete reports related to a pipeline of key accounts
Skills & Experience:
- Third level qualifications ideally in a related field (Science/Engineering) or a substantial level of experience in a senior sales role
- Working knowledge of scientific lab consumables and instrumentation highly desirable
- Previous experience with an ERP / CRM
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Autonomous, self motivated person with excellent communication skills.
Our client often finds that employees love the "family owned" feel of this business and that people that come to work for them want the opportunity to leave a big corporate and join a company where "the door is always open" and growth and technology are at the forefront.
There are excellent salary packages on offer for experienced sales professionals looking to join this business including a car allowance and uncapped commission.
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed).
Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas e.g. Working Holiday Visa.
How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now" button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.
Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: