Advisor, Workers Compensation Case Management
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
CGU has an exciting opportunity for a Claims Consultant to join our Workers Compensation team based in Hobart on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. Your primary purpose of the Claims Consultant role is to manage a portfolio of Workers Compensation claims with the aim to help injured workers’ recovery and return to work as quickly and safely as possible.
- Establish strategic Case Management Plans in collaboration with the injured worker, their employer and health professionals
- Implementation and ongoing review of Case Management Plans
- Providing exceptional customer service to employers and building relationships
- Claims reviews or other employer engagement as appropriate to the portfolio
- Accurately determining liability on new and existing claims
- Ongoing review and management of claims in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines
- Managing other core claims management functions such as weekly compensation benefits and estimating
Skills & Experience
- Experience in managing personal injury claims, particularly in a Workers Compensation setting (desirable)
- Experience in Guidewire ClaimCenter platform (desirable)
- Applied understanding of Allied Health through studies or practical application (desirable)
- Prior experience in Claims Consultant role (desirable)
- Experience in utilising motivation interaction or similar effective communication skills
- Strong customer focus including well developed customer service skills
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships
- High attention to detail
- Resilient, displays empathy and able to communicate with all stakeholders
- Displays a drive for results and is outcome focused
- Ability to work independently in a supportive team environment
- Contributes positively to our team’s culture
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories; It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Click ‘Apply’ and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition! Applications close on 16 December.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: