Senior Access Policy Officer
Department of State Growth Transport Services State Roads Applications must be submitted by Wednesday 11 December, 2019 11:55 PM Position details Applications close: Wednesday 11 December, 2019 11:55 PM AEST Award/Classification: Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 6 Salary: $91,827.00 to $103,983.00 per annum Employment Type: Permanent, flexible, Permanent, full-time, Permanent, part-time Region: South Location: Hobart We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that understands the importance of flexibility. Talk to us about what flexibility may look like for you. Duties
- Provide policy and project advice, including the identification and assessment of issues, recommendations and solutions, both individually and as part of a team.
- Develop and manage heavy vehicle networks under gazette notice including the creation of such notices, liaison with the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR), heavy vehicle industry and other road managers including the management and maintenance of the relevant GIS network map information.
- Provide jurisdictional representation at a National level in Working Groups, Committees, Task Forces and Reviews, engaging, informing and influencing on policy issues relating to heavy vehicle access and freight productivity. eg National Transport Commission (NTC) regulatory and operational road transport reforms and reviews, Austroads Freight Task Force, Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities (DIRDaC) working groups
- Provide authoritative technical advice and guidance to NHVR and Austroads projects that are predominantly concerned with the interjurisdictional harmonisation of heavy vehicle access and conditions across Australia.
- Prepare high level correspondence, reports, and briefing material as required on key issues affecting heavy vehicle access to both the State Road Network and also the National Road Network and the heavy vehicle access regulatory environment.
- Provide authoritative expert advice to the NHVR, State Road Manager, other road managers, heavy vehicle operators and their clients and other relevant parties/stakeholders e.g. State Growth Infrastructure Policy Branch, in relation to heavy vehicle access to the State Road Network.
- Provide high level client service across the Department and build and maintain strong networks with mutually beneficial outcomes to support key stakeholders.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: