Senior Delivery And Engagement Officer - $86,807.00 To $95,459.00
Duties The Delivery and Employer Engagement Division The Delivery and Engagement Division is responsible for frontline stakeholder engagement across all levels of government and industries and is increasingly focused on collaborative development of workforce strategies and meeting the recruitment needs of employers, particularly small businesses. The Division uses its unique position within each state and territory, its relationships and the intelligence it gains to inform strategic, evidence-based responses to labour market needs and to advance government priorities. The Division has strong working relationships with providers, employers and industry associations as well as strategic relationships with other key stakeholders, including Commonwealth, state/territory and local government organisations. The Division has offices in all Australian capital cities and six regional locations. The Division works closely with our department's policy areas and our service delivery stakeholders to implement the Commonwealth government's range of employment, industrial relations and small business services and initiatives. Tasmania State Office The Tasmania State Office, based in Hobart manages the delivery of employment and skills focused services and programs to assist job seekers and employers around the state and across other parts of Australia. The State office also works closely with a range of local stakeholders to promote the assistance available to job seekers and employers in Tasmania and to identify new opportunities and innovative solutions to assist people into work. A strong focus of the work of the State Office is to manage the relationship with contracted employment service providers to ensure the services delivered are effective and meet the needs of job seekers and employers in different labour markets and regions. The Position To be successful in this role you will need to be able to undertake a broad range of job functions or roles under the direction of an EL1 Assistant Director. You will be required to show initiative, participate in problem solving, structured decision-making and longer-term planning, as well as effectively liaising with other sections on programs and policy issues and with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders. You will demonstrate a high level of productivity and deliver results in accordance with the work goals in your performance agreement and strategic plan. Duties undertaken in this role include:
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders, including employers.
- Liaising with other areas of State and National Office to maintain effective program delivery and contract management practices that are consistent with state and national directions/policy.
- Analysing data and undertaking research to inform policy and program delivery.
- Ensuring that contracted providers conform to Departmental performance standards working within Departmental policies and guidelines.
- Representing the department at a range of forums.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the Tasmanian labour market conditions and state-wide performance of Labour Market programs.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive, collaborative working relationships with, and be responsive to the needs of, a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, project management capabilities and the proven ability to provide evidence-based advice.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including strong representational skills and the ability to provide clear and accurate advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative, flexibility and a demonstrated capacity to solve problems and work effectively with others, including a willingness to contribute to the work of the Tasmania State Office more broadly.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: