Assistant Director, Delivery And Engagement - $106,744.00 To $117,974.00
Duties The Delivery and Employer Engagement Division The Delivery and Engagement Division is responsible for frontline stakeholder engagement across all levels of government and industries and is increasingly focused on collaborative development of workforce strategies and meeting the recruitment needs of employers, particularly small businesses. The Division uses its unique position within each state and territory, its relationships and the intelligence it gains to inform strategic, evidence-based responses to labour market needs and to advance government priorities. The Division has strong working relationships with providers, employers and industry associations as well as strategic relationships with other key stakeholders, including Commonwealth, state/territory and local government organisations. The Division has offices in all Australian capital cities and six regional locations. The Division works closely with our department's policy areas and our service delivery stakeholders to implement the Commonwealth government's range of employment, industrial relations and small business services and initiatives. Tasmania State Office The Tasmania State Office, based in Hobart, manages the delivery of employment and skills focused services and programs to assist job seekers and employers around the state and across other parts of Australia. The State office also works closely with a range of local stakeholders to promote the assistance available to job seekers and employers in Tasmania and to identify new opportunities and innovative solutions to assist people into work. A strong focus of the work of the State Office is to manage the relationship with contracted employment service providers to ensure the services delivered are effective and meet the needs of job seekers and employers in different labour markets and regions. The Position The Tasmania State Office is seeking people interested in the role of Assistant Director, Delivery and Engagement. The successful candidate will be developing and implementing place-based projects, labour market strategies, monitoring and managing contract performance, representing and engaging across the Department and with external stakeholders to, collaboratively advance the Department's business activities. You will also lead and manage a team of Delivery and Engagement Officers. To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity, resourcefulness, and collaborative qualities and deliver results while supervising and mentoring staff.
- Monitor program performance, resolve issues and drive place based projects.
- Provide regular feedback to the State Manager, Director, Delivery and Engagement and other senior staff within the department.
- Support service providers to deliver quality services and outcomes, in keeping with contractual requirements and departmental expectations, and act as a central point of contact for providers with the Department.
- The demonstrated ability to build positive, collaborative working relationships with, and be responsive to the needs of, a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated people and change management skills, including the ability to provide effective leadership, build team capabilities to meet current and future business needs and effectively manage sensitive issues.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and project management capabilities and the proven ability to provide evidence-based advice.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including strong representational skills and the ability to provide clear and accurate advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative, flexibility and a demonstrated capacity to solve problems and work effectively with others, including a willingness to contribute to the work of the Tasmania State Office more broadly.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: