Sheep Station Property Manager
LSA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Our client has a unique opportunity for an experienced manager to look after their sheep station in Tasmania.
This position needs a business minded person delivering on performance goals while ensuring the efficient and smooth operation of the station. You will be driving and supporting business growth; delivery of farm system improvements; as well as have a strong hands-on people leadership. You will be action-oriented but also committed to working cohesively and collaboratively to achieve results.
Nestled in a picturesque location the property spans 10,000 acres with a portion allocated to crops of Wheat/Barley and oats, with 12,000 merino sheep as well as a small ram stud. You will manage the breeding programs and animal husbandry requirements of the sheep flock ensuring and maintaining the highest level of sheep welfare and environmental protection.
Your management of all pasture maintenance, pasture improvement and cropping activities on the Station will see the continuation of success. The role requires you to keep up to date Station records including flock, paddock, chemical register, plant and equipment, inventory, infrastructure maintenance schedules and financial records.
- Need to be highly competent in being able to manage, organise and operate a sheep station (5+years exp)
- Possess the highest level of sheep welfare
- Knowledge and understanding of High rainfall zones
- Cropping experience
- The ability to manage and develop staff
- Conduct a respectful and constructive relationship with stakeholders
- The ability to draft, write and submit budgets and operation programs
- 3 bedroom home
- Paid electricity
- Location allowance
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for spouse to work
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: